A treat for the senses, facial steams are beautiful to look at, feel wonderful on the skin and in the lungs, and they smell fantastic! They are excellent for the complexion because they open the pores and draw deep impurities to the surface of the skin where they can be released. They bring fresh blood to the face and impart a healthy glow.
To make, first, choose from our selection of ready blended herbs, here
Made with a few skin-loving herbs and some hot water, it couldn’t be easier to whip up when your skin is feeling dull or if you’re recovering from a cold, or just want to take a few minutes out for some self-care. The effects of steam can really be felt and seen instantly. Like a good facial mask, the treatment deep-cleans and brightens the complexion without stripping or drying it out in the process.
1. Before steaming, cleanse your skin – removing all dirt and make-up. Only steam with a fresh face.
2. Put dried herbs (1 tablespoon) in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with 500ml of boiling water.
3. Create a tent by wrapping a towel around your head and draping it over the rim of the bowl. Hold your face about 30 cm from the bowl. Close your eyes and enjoy the relaxing steam for 5-15 minutes.
BENEFITS OF STEAM
A steady stream of warm, soothing steam does more than instantly relax your body and mind. Steaming your face also:
- Boosts circulation. Exposure to warm steam increases perspiration, helping your skin’s blood vessels to dilate, which improves blood flow.
- Hydrates and oxygenates your skin. Moist heat revives dry, tired-looking skin thanks in part to that fresh, oxygenated blood.
- Loosens debris and unclogs pores. Warm steam softens the skin’s surface, which makes it easier for bacteria and dirt to exit pores.
- Promotes a healthy glow. That boost in circulation beneath the skin, combined with a blast of hydration to the surface, will help you look refreshed.
- Calms your nerves with herbal aromas. When you add herbs and essential oils to your facial steam, it works as aromatherapy to help soothe your mind and body.
*Steaming is not recommended for extremely sensitive skin, severe inflammation, infection, sunburned or windburned skin, rosacea, extreme acne skin, or when many small broken capillaries are visible. Avoid using herbs if you are pregnant.*
Warnings: Natural essential oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If pregnant or lactating, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
LIHM strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by LIHM. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner.