100% Rosehips Dried Herb
Rose hips are the fruits of the rose which appear in early summer and ripen into late autumn. Our rosehips are harvested from organic stands of Rosa canina and Rosa rubiginosa then carefully dried. When fresh, rosehips have a tart flavor and can be consumed as food. Dried rosehips can be infused into herbal syrups and steeped as rosehips tea.
Rose hips develop on wild roses as the flowers drop off. The rosehip, also called the rose haw, is actually the fruit of the rose. These fruits are one of the most concentrated sources of vitamin C available. Rose hips have a tart flavor and can be used to make jelly, jam, soup or oil, or can be alternatively used to flavor tea. Rose hips have a long history of use in traditional medicine.
Out of stock
Email when stock available
HOW TO USE
- To make a tea, use just two teaspoons of dried hips to one cup of boiling water and steep for 10 to 15 minutes
- If using in recipes, just add them to any wet ingredients
- Or you can rehydrate them by mixing with a little water
Rose Hips Benefits as Medicine
Rose hips may have a powerful medicinal ability to decrease systemic and chronic inflammation. This is especially beneficial for your heart health and for decreasing arthritic pain. Studies have shown that regular ingestion of rose hips can decrease the pain and inflammation associated with both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
When taken daily (40 grams per day), rose hip powder has been shown to improve blood pressure and plasma cholesterol, thus reducing cardiovascular risk factors.
other USES & BENEFITS
- Fights infections like bronchial infections and colds
- Makes an excellent spring tonic and will boost the body
- Use for general exhaustion
- Will help in cases of constipation and diarrhoea
- To treat mild gall bladder, kidney and bladder problems
- High in Vitamin C. (One of the best natural and freely available sources )
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If pregnant or lactating, consult your healthcare practitioner before use.
LIHM strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings, and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by LIHM. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner.