Cold Pressed Olive Oil (Extra Virgin) 200ml
Cold pressed Olive Oil (Olea europaea) has traditionally been used as an
- antibacterial agent,
- a cleanser,
- a moisturizer, and
- a massage oil.
The OLEIC ACIDS (OMEGA 9) in Olive oil are known to:
- Maintain the softness, suppleness, and radiance of skin and hair
- Stimulate the growth of thicker, longer, and stronger hair
- Reduce the appearance of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines
- Eliminate dandruff and thereby support hair growth
- Boost immunity
- Exhibit antioxidant properties
- Prevent joint inflammation, stiffness, and pain
Note: Product is packaged in a 200ml plastic bottle
3 in stock
The main chemical constituents of Olive Oil are: Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Polyphenols, Vitamin E, Carotenoids, and Squalene.
USES OF OLIVE OIL
The uses of Olive Carrier Oil are abundant, ranging from medicinal to cosmetic. Its many forms include oils, gels, lotions, soaps, shampoos, and candle making.
- Used topically, Olive Carrier Oil can be applied directly to the skin or a few drops can be added to a moisturizer of personal preference to hydrate the skin and boost the effectiveness of the moisturizer. Skin that is dry, irritated, or inflamed will benefit from Olive Oil’s soothing properties. A small amount of Organic Olive Carrier Oil applied to the face and neck makes an ideal bedtime serum.
- For a daytime serum, Olive Oil can be applied like a mask and left on the skin for 15 minutes before it is washed off. This moisturizer is also beneficial for use on skin that has been overexposed to the sun or even sunburned.
- For an effective shaving cream and aftershave substitute, Olive Carrier Oil can be applied to the skin before and after a close shave. On the face, Olive Oil gently removes makeup by attaching itself to other oil-based products on the skin to wash them away along with dirt, pollutants, and blackheads.
- For a mini steam facial, Olive Carrier Oil can be combined with equal parts of Castor Oil, rubbed onto the face, and rinsed with a warm cloth to cleanse the pores.
- To remove makeup naturally while softening the skin, pour 1 or 2 drops of Extra Virgin Olive Oil onto a cotton pad and swipe it across the face, applying gentle pressure. This is reputed to remove even the most stubborn makeup. Olive Carrier Oil can also be applied as a pre-cleanser, then washed off with warm water and a face wash of personal preference.
- To exfoliate the skin with Olive Carrier Oil, it can be mixed with a small amount of natural sea salt and massaged into areas of skin that are dry and scaly to reveal a newer, younger complexion. For an alternative to salt, sugar can be mixed with Olive Oil and rubbed into the skin. The sugar will remove dead skin cells while the oil will penetrate the skin to leave it looking polished and radiant.
- Used in hair, Olive Carrier Oil smooths frizz and split ends while reducing dandruff. For a hair treatment mask, Olive Oil can be mixed with an egg yolk and a small amount of lemon juice before being applied to the hair from root to tip. After leaving it on for 15 minutes and washing it out with shampoo and conditioner, hair will be soft, silky, and lustrous.
- Alternatively, the Olive Carrier Oil mask can be applied directly without the addition of an egg yolk and lemon juice by simply heating the oil and leaving it in the hair for an hour before shampooing and conditioning.
- Used on the nails, Olive Carrier Oil keeps cuticles supple to prevent them from drying and cracking, which allows bacteria and fungus to form under the nail. A single drop applied to the cuticles before bed will keep them healthy and hydrated while facilitating the growth of stronger nails. Nails can also soak in gently heated Olive Carrier Oil for up to 20 minutes twice a week to enhance their strength and gloss.
- For all-over relief, Extra Virgin Olive Oil can be added to a warm bath to repair the skin, boost elasticity, and slow the look of aging with its antioxidant properties. Alternatively, Olive Carrier Oil can be massaged into the skin just before the body is immersed in a warm bath. Skin will look and feel softer and smoother. For a body lotion to use after bathing, Olive Oil can be applied all over the body while skin is still moist.