Sodium hydroxide 500g
Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as caustic soda or lye, is a highly versatile substance used in a variety of manufacturing process.
Please read Warning and Usage Notes!!!!!!
36 in stock
Soap made from scratch cannot be made without using lye (sodium hydroxide). Lye works as an emulsifier in soap making that allows oils/butters to mix with water to create soap. This process is called saponification.
WARNINGS & USAGE NOTES
1. This product is considered hazardous material and can only be shipped via Courier.
2. In the event that you have employees working for you, we suggest that you develop an approved safety program for all products your employees will be handling.
3. POISON: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. Ingestion of lye can cause death.
4. DANGER: Avoid getting lye in contact with your skin, eyes, or any other body part. Be sure to wear protective clothing, gloves, a mask, and protective eyewear when working with lye. Inhalation of lye/water solution can be harmful to your lungs.
5. When working with lye, NEVER ADD WATER TO LYE! It can create a dangerous lye volcano. Lye should be slowly added to water, and allowed to dissolve.
When purchasing Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda, NaOH, Lye) or Potassium Hydroxide (caustic potash, KOH, Lye) from Soap,Oils and Herbs online, you are automatically accepting the following agreement.
You will be using this product (lye) for making soap only.
You will not be reselling this product (lye).
You completely understand that this material (lye) is considered hazardous. You understand that this product (lye) can cause harm to your body.
You understand that this product (lye) is poisonous and can cause death if ingested.
You understand that lye will cause damage to your skin, eyes, or any other body part that it comes in contact with.
You understand that this product must be kept out of reach of children and pets.
You confirm that you are an adult, age 18 or above.
You understand the safe handling, usage, and disposal of this product.
You understand that water should never be added to lye or you will experience a “lye volcano”. Lye is slowly added to water in small amounts when preparing your lye solution for soap making.
You assume responsibility for using, storing, and disposing of this product properly, and do not hold Sopa, Oils and Herbs liable for any harm or damage caused to you or anyone else who comes into contact with this product.