PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil 100g
PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil is the Polyethylene Glycol derivatives of Hydrogenated Castor Oil, and it functions as a surfactant, a solubilizer, an emulsifier, an emollient, a cleansing agent, and a fragrance ingredient when added to cosmetics or personal care product formulations.
Try our Orange & Clove Hand Wash below
12 in stock
PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil functions as a(n):
- Cleansing Agent
- Fragrance Ingredient
It helps to:
- Combine immiscible ingredients
- Gently cleanse and soothe the skin and scalp
- Create foam in cleansing products
- Offer a consistent thoroughly blended feel to products
- Maintain product transparency and clarity
- Enhance spreadability of product on the skin
The recommended maximum dosage is 1-25%
PEG 40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL SOLUBILITY
When adding PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil to cosmetics formulations, it can be blended in its cold state directly into the oil phase at a suggested ratio of 3:1 (PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil to oil). Next, this can be added to the water phase. If the formula is cloudy, the amount of PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil may be increased for enhanced transparency.
Orange & Clove Hand Wash
This orange & clove hand wash is probably the most appropriate Christmas scent.
- 15g Glycerine
- 4g Xanthan Gum
- 113g Water
- 25g Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- 20g PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- 75g Decyl Glucoside
- 3g Orange & Clove Essential Oil Blend
- 10 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops Vanilla Essential Oil
- 2 drops Clove Essential Oil
- 0.5% Citric Acid
- 3g Preservative
- Measure out your Phase One ingredients: Xanthan Gum and Glycerine, and Phase Two ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine and PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil.
- Prepare the Xanthan gum first by mixing it with the Glycerine. Leave the Xanthan mixture to hydrate for 20 minutes.
- Combine the phase two ingredients in a heatproof bowl and gently melt over a low heat using a double boiler or bain-marie.
- Measure out the Phase Three ingredients: Decyl Glucoside and Essential Oil Blend. Create your fragrance blend by combining essential oils: Orange, Vanilla and Clove.
- Combine the essential oil blend with the Decyl Glucoside. Once thoroughly mixed, pour into the cooled Phase One ingredients.
- To thicken, pour the combined hand wash solution into the Xanthan gum mixture whilst whisking. Leave to set for 30 minutes before continuing the Cool Down Phase.
- Add the Cool Down ingredients: Essential Oil Blend and Preservative Eco and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Check the pH and adjust by adding citric acid. The formula should have a pH value between 5 – 7.
- Store your hand wash in a pump bottle, it will take an additional 24 hours to reach its final consistency and for any bubbles to subside.
This recipe makes 250g of hand wash.