Chamomile Flowers 25 g
The Chamomile flower is a gentle floral herb that has a variety of benefits for the skin and body. It naturally contains vitamins and nutrients that help soothe and repair the skin. It can also help calm and relax muscles.
Chamomile is a great ingredient to use in DIY skin care to make infused oils, creams, bath bombs, soaps, masks and more.
Chamomile Flowers Benefits:
Contains vitamins and nutrients that help soothe the skin
Helps muscles to relax
Stimulates tissue and collagen production
High in antioxidants
Natural calming aroma
Infuse into oils for added benefits and use this oil in balms, salves, creams, and more
Use as a natural exfoliant in face masks and scrubs
Add to a bath for a spa-like experience
12 in stock
Five uses for dried Chamomile flowers
1. Tea – Chamomile teabags are readily available – my favorite brand is a blend of chamomile, vanilla and honey. But you can also buy the loose flowers for tea. It is soothing and relaxing, and sitting down with a cup of tea is a great way of winding down before bed. Just add a dessert spoon of the flowers to enough boiling water for one cup, allow to steep for about three minutes, strain and drink.
2. In the bath – fill a cotton pouch with the dried flowers and leave to soak under the hot tap. The chamomile will permeate the water, soothing the skin as well as the mind. If you like, you could combine with dried lavender and oats in this moisturizing bath bag.
3. In potpourri – the clean fruity scent of chamomile would combine well with citrus for a potpourri kept in the kitchen. For a soothing bedtime mix, combine with lavender – just put equal quantities of the dried flowers in a bowl. If the fragrance fades, add a drop or two of essential oil to the mix, which may also boost the relaxing properties of the flowers.
4. In a sleep pillow – Fill a bag with equal quantities of dried lavender and chamomile and keep under your pillow for a good night’s sleep.
5. A chamomile hair rinse for blondes – Make a full pot of chamomile tea as described above, but use it in the final rinse when you wash your hair. It will add natural golden tones to blonde hair.