Arrow Root Powder 100g
ARROWROOT POWDER IS GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE AND PALEO-FRIENDLY
Arrowroot powder is a starchy substance that’s extracted from the root of a tropical plant known as Maranta arundinacea. When the arrowroot is harvested, it looks similar to other underground tubers such as cassava, yucca or kudzu, which are oblong in shape.
But important to note is how the starch is extracted, which is unlike cornstarch. Arrowroot powder is extracted in simpler, more traditional methods, without the use of high heat or harsh chemicals.
Sometimes arrowroot powder is known as arrowroot flour or arrowroot starch and they’re all the same thing. It’s simply a white, powdery starch that’s naturally gluten-free, grain-free, vegan and paleo-friendly.
3 in stock
HOW TO USE
- Arrowroot is a great natural (and safe) alternative for baby powder. Mix one-half cup arrowroot with 1 tsp. chamomile. The chamomile will soothe the skin, and the arrowroot will keep it dry
- Dry Shampoo. No time to wash your hair? No problem! Massage the arrowroot into your scalp and along the first couple of inches of the length of your hair. It will absorb the oils and leave your hair bouncy and soft. Use a damp cloth to gently wipe away any remaining traces of the powder on your hair.
- As a base for home-made make-up. Arrowroot makes a great base for DIY make-up projects. Foundations using a blend of arrowroot, cinnamon, and cocoa powder are a major trend just now, particularly as you can adjust the measurements to get the shade exactly right for your skin tone. Check out some recipes here: http://wellnessmama.com/4948/homemade-makeup-recipes/
- Clears Acne. Arrowroot absorbs oils/sebum beautifully and is also promotes natural healing as it penetrates the skin. Rubbing some into skin before bed and in the morning can reduce oil production, soften skin, and dry out/heal blemishes.
- Home-made Deodorant. Yes, arrowroot can even be used in deodorants in combination with coconut oil and essential oils. It reduces odours, moisturizes the skin and helps to eliminate toxins. Magical! Use to make your own natural deodorant – try this recipe: (2 TBSP coconut oil, 1 TBSP arrowroot powder, 1 TBSP baking soda). Mix well. Let it set until mixture is solid and then it’s ready to use! You can also add one to two drops of your favourite essential oil for fragrance