For many years I never used a toner thinking it was unnecessary and just another commercial gimmick, but after a bit of research and questioning a few cosmetologists, I’ve discovered that it has an important role to play in our beauty and anti-aging routine.
It’s used to remove any trace of dirt and dead skin cells left behind after cleansing and It also helps smooth and prep the skin for additional skincare products, such as moisturizers and serums.
When added to your daily skincare routine and used regularly, it can have a major positive impact on the appearance and tightness of your pores.
and what I love about this blend is that is works so well as a make-up setting spray. Just do your make-up as you normally do and spray about 30cm above your face to allow the mist to settle on your skin and that’s it !!
So what’s in a Good Facial Toner?
- Rosewater packs a lot of hydration in the skin.
- Its antioxidant and antibacterial properties improve the skin’s barrier and reduce transdermal water loss.
- Rosewater is especially hydrating when combined with other moisturizing ingredients, such as ceramides or glycerin.
- Rosewater has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- It’s also safe for sensitive skin and can be used to soothe sunburns.
- Rosewater is high in vitamin A and vitamin C, often considered anti-aging vitamins.
Witch hazel has been used for centuries to ease skin ailments related to inflammation and irritation.
It also treats acne by acting as an astringent to dry out any blemishes. If you’re looking to turn back the clock on your skin, it may even slow down the aging process, thanks to its high levels of polyphenols.
Glycerine may sound like a foreign chemical, but natural glycerine exists in all animal and vegetable matter. Glycerine, also often called glycerol or glycerin, is a colorless, odorless, syrupy liquid with a sweet flavor.
- Glycerin hydrates skin, helps you shed dead skin cells and gives your skin a smooth, youthful glow.
- Glycerin also improves skin function to slow down aging
- Glycerin is oil-free and non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores.
- Glycerin offers a gentle way to exfoliate, clean and moisturize skin without causing irritation.
When choosing an essential oil, consider your skin type. Here are a few tips to help you decide:
- All Skin Types: Choose lavender or carrot seed
- Dry Skin: Choose chamomile or thyme
- Oily Skin: Choose lemon or orange oil
Facial Toner Recipe
- 70 ml distilled water
- 10ml glycerine
- 10ml Rosewater
- 10ml Witch hazel
- 5 drops of your choose Essential oils
Pour all the above ingredients into a sterilized glass bottle with an atomized spray head and shake gently.
You can choose to spray a mist on your face and pat your skin with your hands or spray on a cotton pad and wipe outwards.
For a setting spray: Just do your make-up as you normally do and spray about 30cm above your face to allow the mist to settle on your skin and that’s it !!
Have you tried this? please comment and share your experience.
I’m happy with everything
I love the colour it works for me
The best product keep it up